The aims of our policy are to enable learners to identify with their school and to dress appropriately for a focused learning environment. The wearing of correct school uniform is considered to be of a high priority and a compulsory element of attending Connah’s Quay High School.
In general, we are extremely proud of the standard of uniform worn by our learners. However, learners arriving at school in inappropriate uniform will be sent home to get changed.
The school uniform has been the product of a widespread consultation and been approved by the governors. The school uniform is reviewed annually. Ultimately, all decisions relating to our uniform policy are decided by the school, so if you have any uncertainty in interpreting the policy please contact school before purchasing the item.
- White shirt and school tie
- Connah’s Quay High School blazer with school logo
- Connah’s Quay High School v-neck sweater (optional)
- Connah’s Quay High School grey trouser – boys / girls
- Connah’s Quay High School grey skirt
- Plain dark socks or tights and black solid shoes (not training shoes or boots) – there shouldn’t be any adornments on the socks e.g. bows.
- Outdoor clothing is expected to reflect the school uniform (no large logos) and may not be worn around school.
- Shirt – Plain white polo short
- Sweatshirt – Plain red hooded top
- Pants – Plain red shorts or plain black sports leggings
- Socks – White
- Shoes – Training shoes
- Shirt – Green reversible rugby shirt (for outdoor activities), plain white polo short (for
- Shorts – Plain black football shorts
- Socks – Plain black football socks
- Shoes – Football boots – moulded/plastic/rubber
SAFETY – Shin pads for hockey/football. Gum shield/mouth guard (is not compulsory
but is highly recommended)
Football boots with metal studs or blades are NOT permitted.
The only jewellery allowed in school is a wristwatch and one pair of stud earrings;
other facial and body jewellery is not acceptable. We will not accept the argument that
jewellery has to be kept in on medical grounds. Our advice is that the pierced hole
can remain open during the school day without any adverse effects. Unacceptable
jewellery will be confiscated and returned to the learner at the end of the day, or if the
situation persists, the jewellery will be placed in the school safe until collected by a
Extreme hair styles and/or colours are not permitted, this includes hairstyles with two or more significantly different lengths e.g. shaved sides etc. Natural hair shades only. Long hair must be tied back in practical subjects for health and safety reasons. Any form of head wear is not permitted unless on religious or medical grounds. Haircuts should not be less than a number 4
Any make up worn must not be obvious and false eyelashes are not allowed. False
nails or nails that are fashionably long are also not permitted
To view the full policy please click here.
Any questions please contact your child’s form tutor or pastoral co-ordinator
The uniform is bespoke and all items need to be purchased from the three following
Get In Touch
Location: CQHS, Golftyn Lane, Connahs Quay, CH5 4BH
Main Office Telephone: 01244 813491
School Day: M-F: 8:50am - 3:15pm