In this section of the website there are a wide range of resources to help students and parents find revision for exams easier to manage. Revision plays a vital role in student success and we want to ensure you have access to as many tools as possible to find the revision methods that work for you.
Top 10 revision tips
- Short spurts of revision (20-25 minutes) are most effective. Your concentration lapses after about an hour and you need to take a short break (5-10 minutes). Aim to revise for 2-3 hours per evening and 5-6 hours each day at the weekend.
- Find a quiet place to revise—your bedroom, school, the local library—and refuse to be interrupted or distracted.
- Make sure you don’t just revise the subjects and topics you like. Work on your weak ones as well. In fact, start with these first.
- Make your own revision notes, because you will remember what you have written down more easily. Stick keynotes to a cupboard or doors so you can see them every day!
- Re-write the key points of your revision notes, read them out loud to yourself. We remember more than twice as much of what we say than of what we merely read.
- Use different techniques. Make your own learning maps. Use post-it notes to write key words on, create flash cards. Record your notes on your mobile phone and listen to them regularly. Ask friends to test you. Use highlighter pens to mark important points.
- Practice on past exam papers or revision tests available on the web. Initially do one section at a time and progress to doing the entire paper against the clock.
- You will need help at some stage; ask parents, teachers, or even friends. Ask your teacher for their work email address so you can clarify points you are unsure of.
- Don’t get stressed out! Eat properly and get lots of sleep!
- Believe in yourself and be positive. If you think you can succeed you will!
Year 11 Revision Class Timetable
Pixl Revisit Resources
Blank Revision Timetable
GCSE Marking Scheme
Get In Touch
Location: CQHS, Golftyn Lane, Connahs Quay, CH5 4BH
Main Office Telephone: 01244 813491
School Day: M-F: 8:50am - 3:15pm