Dear Parents and Carers,
I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that Flintshire schools are regularly receiving guidance on managing the coronavirus, COVID-19 from the Local Authority, Welsh Government and Public Health Wales.
being asked to highlight the following advice to parents, guardians and carers
in order to minimise the risk of transmission.
1. Wash hands regularly with soap and water or a disinfectant, especially after coughing and sneezing, before handling and consuming food.
2. Use disposable tissues when coughing or sneezing and dispose of used tissues carefully and promptly.
3. Avoid close contact with people who appear unwell and avoid sharing personal items.
4. Avoid visiting live bird and animal markets, backyard or commercial poultry farms and do not touch wild or domestic birds (alive or dead).
5. Avoid any contact with animals, birds or surfaces that may be contaminated with animal or bird droppings.
6. Do not eat or handle undercooked or raw meat including poultry, egg or duck dishes.
7. There is no vaccine against this novel coronavirus-COVID-19.
The full guidance can be found on the Welsh Government website at the following link: https://gov.wales/guidance-educational-settings-about-covid-19 and I would recommend that you check this link regularly as this is a developing situation.
We will be in contact with you if any further updates are provided. Your child/ren’s health and safety are important to all of us, and keeping a strong communication line between school and home will be vital going forward.
Yours sincerely/Yr eiddoch yn bur
for Connah’s Quay High School
Mrs. Maria B. Rimmer