13th March 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
Further to my letter of 2nd March, I would once again like to take this opportunity to assure you that Flintshire schools are regularly receiving guidance on managing the coronavirus, COVID-19 from the Local Authority, Welsh Government and Public Health Wales.
Schools are being asked to highlight the following advice to parents, guardians and carers in order to minimise the risk of transmission.
1. Wash hands regularly with soap and water or a disinfectant for at least 20 seconds , especially after coughing and sneezing, before handling and consuming food.
2. Use disposable tissues when coughing or sneezing and dispose of used tissues carefully and promptly. If no tissue available, cough/sneeze into your sleeve.
3. Avoid close contact with people who appear unwell and avoid sharing personal items.
4. If your child develops a new cough and or high temperature they should remain at home for 7 days. If this does occur, please seek medical advice, by phone, if symptoms worsen or continue past 7 days.
5. In the event that your child is not able to attend school, curriculum areas are uploading work to Google Classrooms. Please ensure that your child has the class code from their individual teachers so they are able to access their work from home.
6. The Humanities
department is currently teaching KS3 learners about COVID-19 to reduce concern,
establish facts and avoid fake news.
The full guidance can be found on the Welsh Government website at the following link: https://gov.wales/guidance-educational-settings-about-covid-19 and I would recommend that you check this link regularly as this is a developing situation.
We will be in contact with you if any further updates are provided. Your child/ren’s health and safety are important to all of us, and keeping a strong communication line between school and home remains vital going forward.
Yours sincerely/Yr eiddoch yn bur
for Connah’s Quay High School
Mrs. Maria B. Rimmer